Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mixed Berry Green Salad ™

This is a great salad for spring. I've used pre washed mixed greens for the salad. I've used fresh berries but you can use frozen instead. I've also used Gorgonzola cheese, but you can use your favorite bleu cheese.

2  - 3 c mixed salad greens 
1/2 c each: chopped red onion, sliced strawberries, blackberries
1- 2 oz Gorgonzola cheese

Peel, rinse and chop onion, set aside.

Rinse, pat dry, and slice strawberries set aside. Rinse and pat dry blackberries, set aside.  If using frozen berries omit this step.

Put salad green in large bowl. Top greens with onion and berries, toss to mix. Top salad with cheese and and place in refrigerator until ready to serve. 

Serves 4 - 6.

1 comment:

keig said...

I love the combination of this salad, a lot! I'll have to skip the raw onion (may be some day...), but would take Gorgonzola and berries any day!